A trip to your local grocery store puts literally hundreds of food choices before you. Some you can tell are healthy; others are labeled that way, but may not measure up to those healthy claims when you get right down to it.
To help you choose more wisely, here are 20, in alphabetical order, of the best foods you can get.
1. Almonds are an excellent source of monounsaturated fat, protein, vitamins and minerals. They may also lower cholesterol.
2. Asparagus is loaded with anti inflammatory nutrients and high amounts of folic acid, and has even been shown to halt the formation of cancerous tumors.
3. Avocados are packed with monounsaturated fats, known to be good for your heart. They are also exceptional carriers of the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K. Eating them helps you heart stay healthy, and regulates blood sugar and may even have anti cancer benefits.
4. Berries, no matter the color, are naturally chock full of antioxidants that help your brain and eyes. Recent studies have found that strawberries, raspberries and blueberries have properties that help to bring down the risk of both breast and cervical cancers.
5. Bell peppers are a natural source of antioxidants (the vitamins A, C and E) and may help the body in neutralizing free radicals, cutting your chances of disease.
6. Black beans have all the same beneficial compounds you find in berries, tea and red wine, lots of protein and fiber. They’re an affordable way to keep your heart healthy, your body cancer free.
7. Broccoli is loaded with vitamin C and K, plus the phytochemical indoles and sulforaphane thought to be cancer-fighting nutrients. This crunchy veggie has also been shown to be good for the cardiovascular system.
8. Brussels sprouts are another of the cruciferous veggies that are a natural source of nutrients like vitamins A, B6, C, E and K and the mineral selenium that’s known to help the body fight free radicals.
9. Butternut squash is full of vitamin C, and low calorie too. Plus it has beta-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin, nutrients that have been shown to lower risk of developing lung cancers.
10. Chicken breast is a fantastic source of lean protein as well as the coenzyme Q10, essential for the turnover of skin cells. It’s a great muscle food.
The Healthy Back Institute’s Back Pain Relief Journal
Jesse Cannone, co-founder of The Healthy Back Institute, has helped over 50,000 “lost cause” back pain sufferers finally get lasting pain relief. Now, he proclaims…
For 15 years their step-by-step system has helped over 50,000 people who’ve suffered from scoliosis … herniated discs … sciatica … arthritis of the spine … spinal stenosis … lower back pain … upper back pain and more…
It only takes a few minutes per day.
Click through to read their free report here today…
*Disclosure: compensated affiliate*
The 20 Best Foods For Top Health Continued…
11. Edamame is a Japanese soybean that’s loaded with vitamins B and C, and is one of the only natural sources of vitamin E. These beans are also a natural protein source and are loaded with antioxidants and isoflavones.
12. Eggs are high in protein, always available and affordable too. Research has linked the intake of eggs with better brain health, lower inflammation and improved heart health. There’s even a finding that eating eggs can help your cholesterol levels, and that’s good for your heart.
13. Flaxseed can be sprinkled over your morning cereal or blended into a smoothie to give you an abundant source of calcium, magnesium and fiber. The seeds also boast high levels of lignans and have been associated with the prevention of many health conditions, including heart disease.
14. Garlic is known to cut your cholesterol and triglyceride levels while also protecting blood cells and vessels from inflammatory and oxidative stress. The natural compounds in this herb might also protect against the cellular changes that lead to cancerous tumors or help them grow.
15. Onions are naturally loaded with sulfur-containing substances so they aren’t great for your breath, but they do wonders for the rest of you. More than one study has found that eating onions can have benefits to your heart as in protection against heart attack when eaten as part of an overall heart healthy diet.
16. Spinach is a leafy green that is one of the most nutrient dense items you can buy. Add to a salad or steam it as a lunch or dinner side dish and you’ll get your daily dose of vitamin K and so much more, perhaps even protection from an aggressive form of prostate cancer.
17. Salmon is a fantastic choice with lots of lean protein and omega-3 heart healthy fatty acids that have been shown to lower the risk of death due to heart disease. Wild caught salmon is the most nutritionally pure and doesn’t have the food coloring and antibiotics of farm bred.
18. Sweet potatoes are full of complex carbs and phytochemicals and are a fabulous source of many vitamins, beta-carotene and fiber. Multiple studies have found a parallel between eating this tasty sweet veggie and having healthy eyes.
19. Tomatoes are a natural source of antioxidants and are low in calories too. They have lots of lycopene, a substance that might bring cardiovascular benefits and may also protect your skin from damage by the sun. Regular tomato consumption in men might even help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
20. Yogurt is one of the top ways to eat dairy and still drop a few pounds. Many studies have linked the consumption of yogurt to better digestive health and an overall lower amount of body fat. Some yogurts can have lots of sugar, so you might want to try Greek yogurt for a more natural alternative.
To your good health,