If you’re trying to lose weight, you’ve probably had your fill of tips on how best to do it. For those who’ve reached that a weight loss goal, and are now struggling with the even harder task of keeping those pounds from creeping back, smart tips on weigh management seem in short supply. In a recent @ABC Tweet Chat hosted by Dr. Richard Besser, experts and average dieters talked about what worked for weight loss, shared stories and strategies from their own lives. From this, we’ve compiled the five most often repeated bits of wisdom.
1. Stop the soda – did you know that burning off the calories from drinking a single 20-ounce soda takes 3 miles of brisk walking? Drinking your calories is not something you think about, but it’s surprisingly easy for those liquid calories to add up. Your best bet in terms of weight loss and maintenance is to switch from soda to those drinks without all the calories and artificial sweeteners. Average dieters agree that cutting out the soda was one of the best things they could have done for their body.
2. Start small – that is make small, tolerable changes first and build on them, on the feeling of power and success you get from following through, taking real positive steps to reaching your weight goals. Things to try include cutting out soda, eating a serving of fruits or veggies in place of a less healthy food, limiting sweets to treats, not every day, watching portion sizes, changing from refined grains to whole wheat. Small changes are easier to manage and can really add up to a healthier diet, while those radical, all or nothing changes aren’t able to be maintained over the long haul.
3. Write everything down – keeping an accurate food journal is the best way to become aware of what you eat and when you eat most. You’ll see patterns and likely be amazed at what you find out about your own eating habits. This is a powerful technique, a tried and true weight loss strategy according to Marjorie Nolan Cohn, who is a registered dietitian and spokeswoman for the Academy on Nutrition and Dietetics. It’s also a great way to keep yourself on track once you’ve reached your goal, keeping you honest.
3 critical reasons you have cellulite…
Joey Atlas, a Women’s Body Enhancement Specialist is sharing his 4 step method to reducing cellulite.
No creams, vibrating machines, pill or special underwear…
Cellulite is not all about bad genetics… Learn subtle moves to wipe-out nasty dimples & bumps quickly.
Take a look at what women across 193 different countries have learnt makes the difference.
Click through now and discover how Joey can help…
*Disclosure: compensated affiliate*
Five Tips To Lose Weight, And Keep It Off Continued…
4. Have healthy stuff on hand – keeping your fridge and pantry stocked with healthy foods and snacks is a smart strategy when it comes to losing weight, and keeping those pounds away. When hunger strikes, healthy foods will be ready to fill the void. Removing all the junk foods from your home is also a key step, leaving you with less chance to snack on foods that carry all those empty calories. If you want something sweet or salty, you’ll have to go get it, and this makes it far less likely you’ll end up eating it.
5. Add movement – beyond what you eat, how active you are is a key component of your weight loss efforts. Daily exercise is key for adults trying to lose weight or keep it off, so look for those chances to be active instead of sitting. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park at the far end of the lot, walk as often as possible. Activity will help your body use the calories you take in, while also making for a healthy heart and lungs, and strong muscles.
To your good health,